Once again, I’ve been shocked and humbled… I got a notification yesterday from the mmmmm family that she nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! She made no mention of me being old (ahem) or weird (ahem). She just mentioned “well done” and “lovely,” thank you very much.
Now, on to the rules of this award:
1. Display the award on your page.
2. Announce your win with a post. Link back to your nominator as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to other deserving bloggers, and let them know you’ve nominated them.
4. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Let’s get the 7 things out of the way first:
1. I am officially in “study for the LSAT” mode now. I got this. (Yes, I’m trying to convince myself more than you.)
2. I used to wish that I was Kelly Kapowski.
So I would grow up to look like this: (You’re welcome.)
3. I love going to the dentist. Yes, I said love.
4. I can’t take any type of cold or allergy medicine. It’s like crack. Seriously.
Me on cold medicine:
5. I hate orange foods. All of them. Yuck.
6. I can speak a little bit of French. I took five years of it – I should know more than a little.
7. I hate surprises.
And now… here are my 15 nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award (along with my favorite quotes from their pages):
1. rarasaur – “Cows don’t use toilets.”
2. E’s Blog – “If I don’t say anything, no one will know who I am. If I say too much, I’m a conceited asshole.”
3. Main Street Musings – “In my L.A. world, lobster came pre cracked, along with a bowl of warm lemon water for hand washing, and a plastic bib that said ‘Red Lobster.’”
4. Mollytopia – “I’d rather eat a deep-fried turd than say anything about myself…”
5. That Unique* Weblog – “More than once I have muttered, ‘I’m going to stick a fork in my eye’…”
6. LIFE: everyone has one! – “I run faster, I look better in a wife beater, and I could probably beat her in arm wrestling or regular wrestling, if she was brave enough to try…..Plus mom likes me better!!”
7. Ben’s Bitter Blog – “I immediately screamed like a little girl.”
8. don of all trades – “I can do many things half-assed.”
9. Other than Lovie – “This growing old shit is for the birds.”
10. Anna Lea West – “The perfect day would include loved ones, mexican food and seeing someone bounce off a sliding glass door.”
11. Adventures, Aspirations and “Aha” Moments – “Fake it till you make it.”
12. anelephantcant – “Occasionally funny, sometimes serious, mostly pointless.”
13. Dadicus Grinch – “I look part chicken, part zombie, and 100% creeper.”
14. RePrEsSeD ExPrEsSiOnS – “No, idiot, you broke my concentration, now it’s starting to dribble out!”
15. “Normal” is the New Boring – “Parenting is a special kind of crazy…”
Thank you again for the award, Michaela!