Dang it, don of all trades… Why’d you have to go and do something nice like nominating me for the Liebster Award? While I love recognition (who doesn’t???), I don’t love having to do all the work that comes with it. Kidding… relax. I’m not an ungrateful witch all the time. Seriously though, I’m honored that a blogger like myself, with a sad, sad stats page, has been noticed by ‘The Man.’ (That’s how ardenrr and I refer to you, by the way. You’re our dookie fresh blog hero.) So, without stalling any further so I don’t have to keep working on this difficult blog, I thank you!!!
Okay peeps, here are the rules to this award that recognizes new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who may perhaps be as obsessed with their stats as I. Whoa! Wait a minute! What the heck?? Way to remind me of the fact that I still have less than 200 followers. Hmphh.
Source: Generator Meme
Okay, wait – my insecurities are getting me sidetracked. Where was I? Oh yeah. The rules. Here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to their blog. Don’t harass her and give her a hard time like I did to my nominator.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 facts about yourself. Now you’re beginning to see why my thankfulness over this whole nomination business was a little iffy, right?
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own whom you think deserve to be put through the same torture that you’re in right now. Remember – their number of followers has to be nearly as pathetic as yours. Comment on their blogs so they know they’re the chosen ones.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… a simple rule: Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
I’ll start with my answers to ‘The Man’s’ questions.
1. If you could introduce your husband or boyfriend to someone and had to tell his occupation during the introduction, what would you want that occupation to be? The Tootsie Pop mascot. (Give it a few minutes… you’ll get it.)
Source: University of Pennsylvania Career Services
2. Pancakes or waffles? Waffles, hands down. With blueberries and pecans, please.
3. Favorite professional sports team? The Gamecocks, of course. But if they don’t count as professional, then J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
4. City in the USA not named New York, Boston, LA, Dallas, Chicago or Miami that you’d like to visit? D.C. – Believe it or not, I’ve never been there. (Don’t judge me.)
5. Vacation time! Where do you go if it can be anywhere? St. Croix. My favorite place on Earth. [Sigh… I wish I was there right now…]
Photo by Alicia Benton
6. If you could…if Jesus insisted that you murder one person, who would it be (I’m excluded please) – Well, murder is such a strong word. Let’s use “whack” instead. There are two people in front of Ex #1, but for fear of massive amounts of hate mail, I’ll keep those two to myself. (Hint: One is a douche bag’s politician’s wife, and the other is a crybaby quarterback. I strongly, strongly dislike both.) I also want to whack all the people who do these things [link to pet peeve blog].
7. What’s a regret you have that sometimes eats at you? That I didn’t go to law school right out of college. I told myself that I didn’t want to miss the boys’ football and baseball games and stuff like that, and I promised myself I’d go eventually. Well, you know how that goes… I’m freakin’ 31 now [gasp], and the longer I wait, the harder it is to talk myself into taking the LSAT. I guess for now I’ll just keep doing all the work while the attorneys make all the money.
8. You can change one thing about your husband/boyfriend. What is that thing? Hmm… In light of question #7 above, I’ll just stick with the safe answer and say that I would change the fact that he’s a Gay-dor fan. (Go Gamecocks!!!)
9. When’s the last time you were drunk? Sadly, I don’t have much of a social life, and my life’s not quite so pathetic that I feel the need to drink alone. So really? I can’t remember. [smh…]
10. What would you do for a Klondike bar? Don’t get too excited… I wouldn’t do much. Not a big fan.
11. Best thing you’ve ever eaten? Wow. This is tough. Probably the shrimp and grits from Bubba’s Love Shak. But I ***love*** food, so I love a lot of what goes in my mouth. [Go ahead… Get it out of your system, perv.] And no…In case you’re wondering – I’m not fat. Or even slightly overweight. So there.
Whew! Now that that’s over with, I can think of 11 ways to try to make you like me.
1. I have terrible judgment. To be so damn smart, I apparently can’t make a wise life decision if it kills me. Go figure…
I’ll be the QUEEN of experience at this rate…
— Oops. I’m supposed to be trying to make you like me. Fail. —
2. I sleep naked. Seriously. I hate waking up with my pants all bunched up around my thighs and those weird creases all over me from my pjs.
3. I’ve only flown twice. Once to Buffalo and once to St. Croix. How pathetic. (But I loved it and wish I could fly everywhere.)
4. I love amusement parks. I’m like a big kid when I’m around roller coasters and funnel cakes!
5. I really really REALLY want a boob job. Badly.
Holy crap, am I really only on #5? Ugh…
6. I love all things football. I yell at the TV during games, I jump up and down, and I love to talk trash to Cowgirl and Clemsux fans.
7. Sometimes, when I get nervous, I stick my hands under my armpits and then I smell them…
8. I love BINGO. Sometimes I take my Grandma to go play just so I can use her as an excuse for my obsession.
9. I put both socks on first, and then I put my shoes on. And I tie my shoes with two bunny ears and not that stupid loop-around thingy.
10. I’m left-handed. That automatically makes me cool. And smart. And funny. And talented.
So, what do you think? Do you love me now?
Now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for… (drum roll, please…) My 11 nominees for the Liebster Award are —
1. “Normal” is the New Boring – We have a ton of stuff in common – She loves her son, Bob Marley, photography, southern cooking, caffeine, and reality TV. It sounds like she could be my long-lost twin! AND… she’s a great mommy! 🙂
2. Just Another Canadian Gurl – She’s a fighter, and when life knocks her down, she punches it in the face, gets back up, and keeps on truckin’. And best of all, she actually used the phrase “killer vajajay” in one of her posts. That, folks, deserves an award!
3. My Fair Diary – She gives life lessons. I need life lessons.
4. Vintage45s Blog – Who doesn’t love old movies and music?
5. The Cutter Rambles – He almost fought a goose once, he devoted an entire post to why M.C. Hammer is better than Vanilla Ice, and he watches Wrestlemania. What’s not to love here?
6. Brickhouse101’s Blog – I, like her, am hopelessly guarded and am surrounded by walls. I respect her already.
7. This is Me – I must admit that I’m a little jealous of her, and I plan to live vicariously through her travels. I can’t wait to hear about all the amazing adventures she has in store for her in this newest chapter of her life.
8. here and there – Other than the fact that she went to Alabama, her life is pretty fascinating. The photos from her time in the Peace Corps are amazing.
9. The Irrefutable Opinion – No one can argue with death by sedatives over being eaten alive by zombies, right?
10. Where Words Fail… – I, too, am a lover of music and believe wholeheartedly that there is no emotion that music can’t reach. I also love most of her favorite things. Except cats. I hate cats.
11. whiny baby – She’s all the things I’m not. That’s awesome.
And finally, the part for all you awesome blogger nominees. Here are your questions:
1. Why did the chicken cross the road?
2. M&Ms: plain or peanut?
3. What’s your favorite joke?
4. Best pick-up line?
5. Early bird or night owl?
6. Freddy or Jason?
7. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
8. Favorite pizza toppings?
9. Favorite smell?
10. Can money buy love?
11. What song is it impossible not to dance to?
Again, thanks to don of all trades for the nomination and to all of you for holding your applause until the end.