Over the last week, I’ve heard an exceptional amount of complaints from the kids, the hubby, and even myself. This Christmas season has really opened my eyes to the fact that, in reality, we’re all spoiled, despite our usual beliefs and whining that we’re barely making it.
Here are a few of the complaints I’ve heard in this last few days since Christmas, in a post I’d like to call…
1. Mom, we don’t have enough room on our Xbox 360 hard drive for all these new games.
2. Honey, I can’t get my new iPhone 5s activated until tomorrow since AT&T is closed on Christmas.
3. Aww, we don’t have enough sockets in the living room to plug in our video games and our laptops.
4. Dang, I can’t believe I have to wait five days to get my two new pairs of Nikes in the mail since I refused to pay extra for expedited shipping.
5. Dear, it really sucks that your mom’s internet is out. What are we going to do for two whole days without it?
6. I really hope Meemaw got me the Sperry’s I want for Christmas because those were at the top of my list, before Madden 25 and NCAA 2014.
7. Hey, should I wear my new running shoes or my new basketball sneakers today?
8. Dad, I forgot my coat inside, and I don’t like driving my new motorized scooter without it because it’s cold and windy out here.
9. Where the heck are we going to put all this new stuff? We don’t have any more room in our SUV.
10. I don’t want pizza for dinner again tonight. We’ve eaten out all week.
11. Oh, come on… This line at Starbucks is ridiculous!
12. [Sigh.] I have to return these size 4 pants that I just got for Christmas because they’re way too big.
I hope you all had as great a Christmas as we!*
*And that you know this post is just a joke. Relax – we know we’re blessed and have a lot more than a lot of other people. We’re very thankful for all we have.