I was honored and surprised on Friday when I got a notification from Claire Tomelty, a fellow amazing blogger, that she nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Most of you probably already know the rules to this award, but in case you don’t, here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
To start with, I’ll answer Claire’s questions.
1. Is gluttony a real sin? Yes. Why? Because when I’m gluttonous, everything else goes out the window. I turn into a lazy, fat cow. Maybe if I loaded myself up on fruits and vegetables (ugh – as if!), it wouldn’t be so bad. But I don’t binge on those things. Nope – I stuff my face with things like french fries and brownies and bacon. Mmm, bacon…
2. What is your favourite character trait in another person? Honesty, by far. I don’t care how good looking and funny you are if you’re a liar. And what really gets my goat is people who lie about stupid things that nobody cares about to begin with. Grrr.
3. When you think about dying how do you feel? I don’t know really… I’m not scared of dying (I don’t think) since we all will at some time or another. Now with that being said, I’d rather not die some horrible, painful death, either. And I’d prefer not to die while my kids are still young and depend on me fully.
4. What makes you supremely happy? My kids and family. And Starbucks Hazelnut Frappuccinos.
5. Which fragrances stir up memories for you? I can’t pinpoint the actual smell, but there is one fragrance that I smell every once in a while that takes me back to the exact table I sat at in my elementary school cafeteria. And that, of course, makes me think of third grade and Greg Panagiotopoulos. He was my boyfriend even though he didn’t know it we were only eight. I wonder what ever happened to him. Hmm…
6. What colour best describes your personality? Purple. I have a deep need for emotional security and to create order and perfection in all areas of my life. I also have a deep need to help others. You can check your personality color here. It’s pretty darn accurate.
7. What is the most reckless thing you’ve ever done? Aye – I hate to even think back to my most reckless [translate: “stupidest”] moment because I can’t believe I was ever that dumb. Way back before I was old enough to drive, my sister and I used to walk the 1½ miles from our house to the beach, while our parents were at work. One day on our way back some older guys, who looked like they could have been in college, stopped and asked us if we wanted a ride so that we didn’t have to walk back. Like idiots, we accepted the ride. Thankfully, they actually took us home – well to the clubhouse in our neighborhood because I wouldn’t show them exactly where we lived. Yes, I now understand that we would have been killed, raped, stabbed, or any combination of the above. Yes, I also now understand that our decision was moronic. No, I will never do that again.
8. Have you ever broken any hearts? Yes, sadly. But not on purpose. Believe it or not, I haven’t always been such a cold-hearted bitch. I actually used to be a huge people-pleaser, and I have always hated saying no. So this guy back in high school really liked me, and I wasn’t attracted to him at all, but I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, so I never really told him to back off. I guess now I realize that I sort of strung him along by not just telling him that I wasn’t interested. When he started buying me jewelry for my birthday, I knew I had to finally do it, and I “broke up” with him even though we were never really dating. Awkward, I know. Needless to say, he was heartbroken, and I felt like a complete witch.
9. What is your karaoke song? I don’t sing much karaoke, but I do love Rock Band, and my favorite song to sing to while Gerald plays the drums, Ronald plays the keyboard, and my brother-in-law plays the guitar is Free Bird. I mean, who doesn’t love singing that song?!
10. Which fictional character would you most like to have drinks with? Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird. He is far more moral, upstanding, and non-judgmental than most real-life people I’ve met. We all have a lot to learn from him.
11. Do you enjoy your own company? Ha ha – yes! You should hear all the conversations going on in my head at any given time! It’s like I’m having a party in there!
Now, for my 11 random facts about myself…
1. I have an oral fixation. [Get your mind out of the gutters, pervs.] I always need something in my mouth… ice, gum, candy, something. I’m not sure why, but it’s just one of those weird quirks. Come on, you know you have one, too…
2. I don’t like pizza. If I have to eat it (because I don’t feel like cooking), I prefer thin crust with black olives and green peppers. Those at least help mask the taste of all that cheese.
3. I’m a Conservative. I’ll stop there, so as not to get on my soapbox. (Chillax – don’t be so sensitive…)
4. I love the smell of rain.
5. I also love the sound of rain. Usually. After three months of nearly non-stop rain, however, I am beginning to enjoy the sound of no rain.
6. I love the dentist. There’s nothing like that feeling right after you’ve had your teeth cleaned.
7. I’m grumpy today because I didn’t get nearly enough sleep last night. And it’s Monday. And it’s a full week.
8. I hate orange foods… oranges, sweet potatoes, orange juice, carrots… Yuck!
9. I still watch Full House nearly every night. What?! Don’t judge…
10. I love to cook. But as you already know, my OCD forces me to follow recipes to a T; therefore, I don’t experiment very often.
11. I love cop and prison shows like Cops, America’s Most Wanted, Scared Straight, Lockup, etc.
Here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award.
1. RoxyUncut – She’s a motivational speaker and loves people. That means she is, by far, a better person than I’ll ever be!
2. The Leaking Boob – She, like me, was crazy enough to think that she could single-handedly change the world by becoming an attorney. Only she had the balls enough to do it! She’s my hero.
3. Sarah’s Life and Thoughts – She writes thrillers – my favorite!! And she, too, has OCD, can be impatient, and moody. She’s right up my alley!
4. Beauty And Fashion Scribbles – She understands girly things, like fashion, that I never will.
5. E’s Blog – I like that he writes about controversial issues and isn’t afraid to voice his opinions about said issues. That’s what blogging is all about, right? Free speech?
6. SandStorm Click – We both love photography, and I admire anyone who appreciates the beauty in photos the way I do.
7. mummy flying solo – She’s a single mom, which makes her awesome, and she’s now published because she won a writing competition! Go MFS!
8. Valley Girl Gone Country – We have a several things in common… a southern gent, four kids, a crazy ex, and a love of blogging.
9. msCandaceMarie – She’s got an adorable five-month-old son, and I love reading all about her adventures in mommyhood!
10. sassypanties – I love reading her blog, as she never fails to make me laugh. She has a pre-teen and a teenager, like I do, so she fully appreciates any second away from them, too!
11. Little Bits & Pieces of Life – As the mom of two boys, she can appreciate the organized chaos that can control one’s life! She’s also creative, which is a trait that I can only ever dream of possessing!
And finally, here are my 11 questions to my awesome nominees:
1. Favorite TV show?
2. Why do you blog?
3. Pinterest: Brilliant or Nightmare?
4. Best place you’ve ever visited?
5. How do you like your potatoes?
6. Favorite chicken nugget dipping sauce?
7. Song with great lyrics, but a terrible beat?
8. Do aliens exist?
9. Favorite holiday?
10. Do you sleep wearing socks?
11. Shower or bath?
Thank you again to Claire! I’m humbled and grateful for your nomination!