Yep, that’s right. I’m the proud winner of another award. [Patting myself on the back.] I’m not trying to be arrogant about it, but I’ve already told you that I base my entire self-worth on the number of awards I’ve won and my stats. My stats aren’t too hot; therefore, this award is what’s keeping me from sinking into a deep despairing pity party for myself. Okay, I’m exaggerating a little bit. But anyway, this one came from one of my very favorite bloggers, Danielle, from TheLifeandTimesofaMom. She nominated me for the Shine On Award. It certainly can’t be because I’m always such a bright ray of sunshine, but I’ll happily accept it anyway!
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog page.
2. Link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
3. Tell seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers who are deserving of this award.
Okay, I’ve gotten the easy ones out of the way. Now for the hard part – seven things about myself that you guys don’t already know.
1. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. I loooove banana ice cream. Other than that, I’m not really a big ice cream fan. Except chocolate soft serve. I love that.
2. I have a massive celebrity crush on Nick Lachey. If it wasn’t for that gorgeous witch Vanessa, I’d totally have a chance. [Think Dumb & Dumber here…]
3. I’m very anxiously awaiting the start of the next season of Sons of Anarchy. It’s my new favorite show. I remember swearing it wouldn’t be my thing, but now I’m completely hooked. I can’t wait to watch Tara plot her revenge against Gemma…
4. Unlike most women, I don’t collect purses. Instead, I collect bathing suits. I don’t know what it is I love about them, but I could probably wear a different one each day for an entire month. Regardless of how many I have, though, I still have one favorite… (and yes – those are rhinestones people!)
5. My favorite food – besides bacon, of course – is potatoes. Except sweet potatoes. Those are disgusting. What’s even better than potatoes and bacon? Potatoes WITH bacon. Yummmm.
6. If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Africa. It’s #1 on my bucket list.
7. I love puzzles and mind games. Regular puzzles, crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, number puzzles… Anything that gets my brain working overtime. One of my favorites is Shut the Box. Warning: It’s addictive.
And now… My 15 nominees – I’m trying to not pick the same people that Arden and Danielle picked:
1. E’s Blog – Every new blogger should start off with an award. It’s quite a boost of confidence.
2. TalktoDiana – She’s thoughtful, giving, and selfless. And she likes quotes as much as I do!
3. The Jogging Dad – He lives in Sydney; he’s a runner; he’s a dad… what’s not to love?!
4. Cowboys and Crossbones – She’s the most fun-loving, easy-going person I’ve never met, and I’d love to hang out with her for a weekend.
5. Cordelia’s Road Trip – Every single post she writes has me laughing. Seriously. Read them.
6. this is lemonade – She is wise enough to know that when life is pummeling you with lemons and is pouring on your parade, you make lemonade and march on. She’s an inspiration to me.
7. bwthoughts – He’s humble, has defeated cancer, and has a great attitude. He’s a fighter. I love fighters. Oh yeah… one more thing – He’s going out to buy a purple shirt!!!
8. Jennifer’s Journal – She’s the proud mom of a successful, beautiful girl, whom she had when she was only 18. (I can relate to how hard that is.) She’s a great writer and photographer.
9. HeySugarSugar – I love her randomness. She writes like I think. And she says what’s on her mind, which you all know, I can appreciate.
11. Mollytopia – Seriously, y’all… she’s my long-lost twin.
12. Getting it Together – She like me, has a goal each day of just making it out alive! Her adventures in raising little strippers are quite hilarious!
14. Breathing Space – I love her blog because she’s an amazing writer. I’m pretty sure she’ll break the rules to this award, but definitely make sure you check out her page! 😉
15. The Happsters – Their whole point is to bring people happiness! I love that!
Thank you again, Danielle, for this awesome award!!