Sunday’s Be Happy Challenge:
– Something That Makes You Awesome. –
Wow – What makes me awesome? Hmm. I’m not usually a self-bragger, so this one is a tough one, although I’ve been inspired by TheLifeandTimesofaMom’s letter to herself telling everything she loves about herself. We don’t usually think about the things we like about ourselves. In fact, as women, we’re often our worst critics, focusing on the things we wish we could change.
For a nice change of pace, today I’m going to focus on what I like about myself… the things that make me awesome.
1. I have pretty eyes. I get my blue eyes from my mom. They’re neat because they change shades depending on what color I’m wearing.
2. I’m intelligent. I often think of my perfectionism as a negative trait, but I guess it doesn’t have to be. I’m smart, and I like to do things right the first time. I guess when I really think about it, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
3. I’m loyal. When I love someone, I love hard, and I’ll do anything for that person.
4. I’ve got mad dance skills. ↓ Enough said.
5. I’m a good mom. The boys may not always agree with that, but that’s only because they don’t always get their own way. The bottom line, however, is that I bust my butt for those boys. I went through absolute hell to fight for them during my divorce, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I’ve raised intelligent, respectful young men, and I am very proud of that.
6. My blogging awards. Have you seen the right side of this page, people??? I’d like to make my awards list even longer, so nominate me for more – Then I’ll be even more awesome! Just kidding. Now, if only I could be Freshly Pressed…
7. I’ve got great legs. They’re my best asset.
8. I’m a great debater. Seriously, I can argue either side of an argument pretty well… even if I don’t really agree with that particular side. Someone in high school actually signed my yearbook with something to the effect of, “It was great getting to know you, but I always hating having to face you in debate class. You were always so damn good.” I was born to be an attorney – This makes me happy. 🙂
9. I have never ever tried a cigarette. Never. Not even a puff. For real.
10. I save lives. As you know, I donate blood every time they allow me to.
11. I donated my eggs once. This makes me awesome because there are a lot of couples who wish they could have children, but for whatever reason, they can’t. Hopefully I helped their dream come true!
12. I’m an awesome gift-giver. I’m not normally a very creative person, but for some reason, when it comes to giving unique, yet useful gifts, I can usually nail it!
13. I’m a Gamecock fan. This automatically makes me awesome, duh…
14. I love sports. And I’m a girl. Girls who can sit through an entire baseball or football game and drink beer and hang with the boys are awesome.
What makes YOU awesome? Because I already know you are!!!