As I’ve previously admitted, I’m a little OCD. According to my kids, I’m a LOT OCD. Either way, I suppose, I have some weird quirks that leave some people thinking I’m just plain crazy. At least other people think they’re weird… I don’t. You be the judge:
1. I always always check my alarm clock three times after I set it. Why three? No idea, but it makes me feel better to know it’s set correctly.
2. If you see me at any random time, I’ll most likely always be biting the inside of my cheek. I don’t bite my nails, though. Just my cheek. Hmm.
3. After my showers, I dry off every single inch of my body. I can’t stand for even one drop of water to be left. I do the same thing when I dry my hands after washing them.
4. The rearview mirror in my car must be exactly centered. I can’t stand it if I can see anything more than my rear window.
5. The shirts hanging in my closet must all face to the left.
6. My shower curtain has to be closed all the way. All the way.
7. When I eat cereal, vegetables, or anything else that has some liquid in it, I pour every last drop of liquid off my spoon before it goes onto my plate or into my mouth.
8. I smell my food before I eat it.
9. I always look in my cup (and smell it) before I pour my drink in it.
10. I eat all the pepperoni off my pizza before I eat the pizza itself. In fact, I don’t even like the pepperoni if it’s eaten in the same bite as the pizza.
11. I read magazines from back to front.
12. I always read the last page of a book first. (But only the last page, regardless of the number of words it’s got.)
13. I count the syllables in song lines on my fingers, hoping there will be five.
14. I eat all the chocolate off of peanut M&Ms before I eat the peanut.
15. I wear my watch on my right wrist. (Which makes me have to take it off completely in order to adjust the time.)
16. I read a text, respond to it, and then go back and read it again.
17. I hand wash my dishes even though I have a dishwasher. I also rinse and stack them all before I even begin washing.
18. After using a public restroom (which I will only do if desperate), I push the door open with my elbows.
19. I have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. And I will never ever sleep by the wall.
20. I make sure my dining room chairs are pushed in exactly the same amount.
21. I say, “You know what I mean?” after what feels like every sentence. I’m sure it drives people batty.
22. I alphabetize my DVDs.
23. I check the time three times before I finally figure out that my watch didn’t lie to me the first time I checked it.
24. I vacuum in the same direction so that the carpet lines are parallel.
25. I won’t use a rubber band unless I absolutely have to. That texture is awful.
26. I must have ice in any drink that’s not coffee. “Refrigerator cold” is not cold enough.
27. My shower routine NEVER changes: wash hair, wash face, wash body, rinse face, rinse hair, condition hair, rinse body, shave, rinse conditioner. Then dry, dry, dry.
28. I smell my hair. Constantly. Ask Arden… She’s caught me before. [blush]
29. I eat Kit Kats and Hershey bars and any other candy with “perforated” lines one block at a time.
30. I can’t use any type of pencil except a mechanical one. That feeling of when the point scratches over the paper makes me CRAZY.
What about you? Do you have any of these completely normal quirks? I’m not crazy, right?